A family of 5, Super Mom, USMC Dad, & three boys ages 5, 7, & 9. This is glimpse into the daily life of raising 3 American boys while living in Bangkok, Thailand.

Monday, April 26, 2010

We made it through the weekend!

3 birthday parties over two days is to many. We made it through all three of them though. One saturday night and two on sunday. The boys had fun at all of the parties. I envied the parents that were able sit and relax while their kids played. I on the other hand was constantly running back and forth checking on the older boys and following Arcadian around making sure he wasn't climbing on something or running off into the woods, or playing in bathrooms etc. etc. I am thinking that functions like this will be much better in a year or two. Right now, they are just stressful. However I was proud of myself for actually making it to all three of the parties and still mustered up enough energy to give them all a bath when we got home.

To top off a wonderful day, Brosnan felt that sleeping was overrated. They went into their bedrooms for bed around 8:30. Brosnan stayed up and was playing with toys in his room. Around 10:30 he was finally quiet and I assumed that he fell asleep. However, when one kid becomes quiet another decides they need to wake up. I heard Arcadian starting to fuss through the monitor. I went to go check on him, as I turned the corner to walk down the hall I saw a child (Brosnan) run from the bathroom to his bedroom. As he went into his bedroom he rubbed his hand on the door and it left a black mark. Hmmm, wonder what that was. I told him to come out of his bedroom and when he did I couldn't help but laugh. My baby boy turned into a raccoon! Both his eyes were covered in black.... as we walked into the bathroom to get him cleaned up I saw my mascara on the counter. Brosnan was trying to look pretty like his mama! I did take a picture and I will upload it....eventually.... After getting him cleaned up I put him back in bed and he went to sleep. It was pretty hilarious. It is extremely hard to show anger towards a childs behavior when you are laughing at them.

So, that was yesterday...today... nothing new and exciting. Not sure what is going on with me but I am still fighting exhaustion. I feel like maybe I am about to come down with something and my body is trying really hard to fight it off. I will be making a call to the Dr's in a couple of days if I am not doing better. As soon as I sit down I just want to close my eyes and go to sleep but of course with three boys running around that is not possible. Not to mention the lack of motivation to get homework, work, or housework done. Letting any of those slide for a few days just makes things worse when I try to get caught up.

Today our only excitement was karate. The boys were pretty good there. They recently changed the location of karate to a new building. The old place was much better for us. They had a little play room that Brosnan and Arcadian and I hung out in. It was nice because I could close the doors and the boys could play without much effort on my part. The new place has a play room but it is open and Arcadian thinks it is fun to play cat and mouse. So he runs off down the hall waiting for me to catch him..... Not relaxing at all... I let him run off once or twice then ended up putting him back in his stroller.

Well that is all for now. I am going to go to bed and get a little extra sleep. Tomorrow is Speech therapy so we have to leave fairly early. Luckily the sitter is coming over to watch the other two boys. So it is kind of a break for me to only have to manage one kid. Brosnan likes the one on one time too!

Night
JP

No comments: