A family of 5, Super Mom, USMC Dad, & three boys ages 5, 7, & 9. This is glimpse into the daily life of raising 3 American boys while living in Bangkok, Thailand.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Not such a fun day.

We have good days and we have bad days, today was a bad day. I stayed up late last night (till about 1:30am) doing some homework and watching 'Army Wives.' I thought no big deal, the kids usually sleep until at least 8. I should be fine. I think the problems began when I went into bed and noticed one very cute little boy (Brosnan) fast asleep in my bed. Oh well, I'll just leave him. I lay down, get comfy cozy and hear footsteps walking down the hall. Here comes another one. The clock is ticking and I didn't feel like fighting with him to go back to sleep in his bed. You would think that there would be plenty of room with two kids in a king size bed. Wrong. Brosnan sleeps basically sideways, and Justice sleeps as close to me as possible, which means I am literally hanging off the side of the bed. Not the most comfortable, but I'll manage. Off to sleep we go. Four hours later at 6am Arcadian wakes up crying. Crap, there is no way he will go back to sleep. I check on him and he is soaking wet with pee. Yuck... I swear he saves all his pee up during the day so he can wet everything in sight during the night.

I get him all clean and dry, grab a pillow and a blanket and head for the family room. I turned on some Blues Clues and kept my fingers crossed that Arcadian would lay down next to me and relax. I couldn't have been more wrong. Instead of lying next to me he jumps on me, hits me in the face with his cup, sits on my head, pokes my eyes, you name it he did it. Not very sleep inducive. About an hour and a half later his brothers start waking up. I guess this means I am up for the day on a little over 4 hours of sleep.

I have had a headache nearly all day, I'm tired and cranky. Luckily Arcadian did go down for a nap from 10am -12:30 so that gave me a little bit of time to relax and take a shower. I had some errands to run so after Arcadian woke up I loaded the boys up and headed to Ft. Lewis to sign Justice up for next months Karate. They were absolute animals inside the place. Running, jumping, laying on the floor you name it they were doing it. I had more places I wanted to go but from their behavior there I knew today was not the day. They have been pretty good for the most part today but with my headache and lack of sleep I knew that I would not have enough energy to get done what I wanted to with them.

It is time to get them ready for bed, I am thinking about maybe taking a bath, reading some child and adolescent text books, then going to sleep early. Why? so I can try to accomplish tomorrow what I did not get done today. The story of my life.

On a better note...After 3 days of constant clothes washing all the clothes are clean. Unfortunately my bedroom is covered in clean clothes. I suppose I should fold them.

The Adventures continue tomorrow with Speech therapy and shoe shopping for Justice.


No comments: