A family of 5, Super Mom, USMC Dad, & three boys ages 5, 7, & 9. This is glimpse into the daily life of raising 3 American boys while living in Bangkok, Thailand.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Exhaustion is setting in...

What does exhaustion mean exactly? According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, exhaustion is to a) consume entirely: use up b) to tire extremely or completely c) to deprive of a valuable quality

          All three of those definitions fit me right now.  All my energy and motivation is completely consumed up, I am extremely tired, and I am deprived of a valuable quality...the desire to do anything that needs to get done.  There could be a couple of reasons for this exhaustion. 1) It's just one of those days, 2) I'm getting sick with something (keeping my fingers crossed that this is not what is going on) 3) 6 months of taking care of the boys is catching up with me 4) late nights up studying is not working out for me anymore 5) a combination of all of the above.  My best best guess is a combination of everything (minus the getting sick part). This happens every once in a while. It's like my system just begins to crash. I'll be better in a day or two.

          Nothing really to complain about today. The boys were pretty good. I have been promising to get Justice new shoes for the last two weeks so I took the boys to Target this morning after my mom left. I have only been able to find one of his new soccer shoes. I think the cute little almost 2 year old might have thrown the other away and he's been wearing broken sandals. Poor kid..  They were good for the most part, they started to get a little crazy when we were leaving and I ended up carrying a crying Brosnan out to the car while pushing Justice and Arcadian in the cart. Justice kept playing with stuff I had told him not to, which is why he got placed in the cart, Brosnan started running away from me which is why I ended up carrying him. Arcadian was pretty good.

          After Target we came home, ate lunch, I put Arcadian in bed then I crashed on the couch. The other two boys were laying on the couch too and I hoped they would fall asleep but no such luck. The ended up playing video games. Oh.. I have decided that I am going to try and video tape Arcadian watching Blues Clues sometime. He is crazy cute when he shakes his little but every time they start singing. And he mimics Steve (the host of the show). It's pretty funny. Justice today spent time writing in his "magic Ink Thomas the Train book" that Grandma Jeannie brought back for them. I'm pretty sure he finished his entire book and started on ArcadiansBrosnan has just been his typical cuteness all day long. Have I told everyone that he is potty trained now? He still has accidents every once in awhile but I think that is because he just gets lazy.  Last night he told me that he had to go pee but wanted to go outside and pee. I let him.. I don't mind peeing in the yard (heck the cats do it) but I try to encourage it in an area out of our way. Well yesterday I watched him as he walked outside, pulled down his pants and started peeing into a bucket. Working on his aim I guess. He then took the bucket and started to put it on one of his other toys.  Today when we were playing outside I noticed the bucket was over the fence in the neighbors yard !?!  whoops, they'll throw it back over the fence when they go to mow their lawn, hope it doesn't sprinkle on them. Actually, when he was trying to aim for the bucket he missed pretty bad because the concrete around the bucket was pretty wet. The point behind this story is that it is very comical to watch children when they do not know that they are being watched.

          8:00pm time to get the older boys in bed! We are off to soccer early in the morning. It starts at 9:30, WAY to early to get up and get 3 kids dressed, fed, and out the door....

Later!
JP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had four ADHD boys. They are all grown now and turned into fine young men. I am exhausted from it all and I don't really function like a normal women my age. My knees ache and my legs don't want to move like they used to... I am only 57 years old! Take care of yourself and don't overdo.