A family of 5, Super Mom, USMC Dad, & three boys ages 5, 7, & 9. This is glimpse into the daily life of raising 3 American boys while living in Bangkok, Thailand.

Monday, May 17, 2010

            Whoops, it's been a while since I've updated. The weather has been gorgeous the last couple of days. It has rained a little bit here and there but it has been relatively warm and the boys have spent the majority of the time playing outside.  Arcadian can open doors now... I'm glad that his motor skills are developing but that means I need to figure out what to do with some of the doors. I can't really child lock the bathroom because the older two need it so they can use the toilet. Although, they pee outside most of the time right now, hmmm. We are actually having some small issues regarding peeing outside. I do not really mind that they do it but Brosnan (and Justice) will pee right on the patio, literally right outside the door. Yuck!  Brosnan also does not quite understand discretion and when it is and is not okay to pee outside. We were at my friends house last week and he pulled down his pants and started peeing in her back yard right where everyone was playing, something to work on I guess. Since I am female, I do not think I will ever fully understand their desire to pee outside.

        My dad came over yesterday to fix my lawnmower. He was nice enough to stay and help me get my yard in shape. We mowed and weed whacked and now the yard is all nice and clean. I suppose I need to do it more often now to keep it looking nice. It was kind of funny because when Dad was out in the backyard mowing, there was a knock on my door and some guys wondering when I was going to cut my lawn. Not sure if they were neighbors that were disgusted by the unkept yard or if they were looking to make a few bucks. Thanks again Dad for coming over and helping! Yardwork is not one of my favorite things to do.

         In 11 days Justice gets to come home for a visit! We are pretty excited about that. It's been 5 months since we have seen him. To bad it will only be for a couple of days. Hopefully by the end of the month we will have a better idea about when we will all be together again! Right now we are waiting patiently.

       I just started my 6th week of the quarter. That means that I am halfway done with this quarter and almost done with my coursework! Today I spent a good portion of the day doing some homework, trying to get it done early since I have 2 papers due this weekend that I would like to start before Sunday night! I worked hard and finished my weekly work for one class today (3 days early)! Tomorrow (after speech therapy, karate, and the park) I plan on finishing the other class so the rest of the week I can focus on the papers.

       Enough for now, it is late, and I am tired. I was up until 3am this morning finishing up my paper. I actually finished it around 1:30 but I think I OD'd a little on caffeine trying to stay awake that I couldn't sleep even after I was done.  Alright... time to go check my bed and see if I have any visitors. A 3 year old has a tendency to sneak in there on occasion.

JP


       

No comments: