A family of 5, Super Mom, USMC Dad, & three boys ages 5, 7, & 9. This is glimpse into the daily life of raising 3 American boys while living in Bangkok, Thailand.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Sun is HERE!!

Nice weather has finally arrived...for a few days at least! After soccer this morning the boys went directly outside and stayed there most of the day. We were inside briefly after lunch. Justice and I took a nap on the couch while Brosnan played on the computer and Arcadian slept. Trying to get the kids ready and out of the house by 9am is to early and  I dread it every Saturday morning. It makes me tired for the rest of the day.


I mowed part of the lawn today. Something is up with the lawnmower and it was making strange noises so I decided to stop mowing until I figure out what is wrong with it. I got the boys Big Wheels out for the first time in a LONG time. We have 3. A small 4 wheeler (ages 1.5 -3), a two seater Jeep, and a bigger 4 wheeler. Brosnan likes them, but he would rather play in the dirt. He was digging for worms today. Justice loves the big 4 wheeler. Arcadian was interested in the smaller 4 wheeler at first but once he discovered how to make the Jeep work he spent quite a bit of time in it. It was pretty cute because he would open up the door, get inside, close the door, then start going. He'd stop, open the door get out, close the door. Brosnan got in it one time and he didn't close his door so Arcadian bent over Brosnan to close the door for him.  It is so nice to watch the boys all playing outside. They all have their own interests but every once in a while for brief periods of time they converge and begin interacting with each other. Yesterday they were playing...and this is a quote from Justice..."Brosnan and I run and Arcadian chases and tries to touch us"  That was the name of the game.  I watched them play this and they were all enjoying it. Arcadian never was able to catch up with them but he had a smile on his face the whole time so we will just leave the unfairness as it is for now.


Tonight against my desires I had to give the boys a bath. All three of them were literally covered from head to toe in dirt. The bathtub was filled with dirt after Arcadian's bath so I got smart and rinsed the other two off before I actually filled the tub up with water.


Tomorrow is mother's day. The boys and I will be going up to visit with my mother. I got a delivery from my hubby today. It is a miniature/bonsai tree/bush/flower thing of some sort. I'd be more specific but I can't remember exactly what it is. I'll take a picture and post it someday. Right now there are no flowers on it but hopefully it won't take to long for it to bloom.  Thanks Justice (and my boys), you are a very thoughtful husband.


Off to finish some homework, or give up and go to sleep.... I've been pretty tired today for some reason.


JP

No comments: