A family of 5, Super Mom, USMC Dad, & three boys ages 5, 7, & 9. This is glimpse into the daily life of raising 3 American boys while living in Bangkok, Thailand.

Monday, July 29, 2013


Things You Don't See Everyday...
but we do!

   After my last post, I figured it would probably be a good idea to lighten it up a bit so enjoy!

      
 Coconuts anyone?? 

What's inside the giant purple pod?
Bananas!  There are banana tree's all over here in Nichada.  I can see some out our windows and it makes me want to pick and eat them. 

We saw this guy headed somewhere in a hurry.  It reminded me of the movie Turbo that we recently watched.  These snails are huge, the picture does not show its size very well. 

Look closely...What do you see? I see two toads going for a piggy back ride. The kids thought this was the funniest thing ever.  They are not 'humping' as Justice originally thought...I know...where did he hear 'humping,'  that's not the point.  We saw several pairs of these on an evening walk.  It was quite hilarious to watch the poor toad on the bottom trying to jump with a fat toad on top of him. 


Science lesson of the day. Don't pick a lizard up by its tail.  If you do, the tail will detach from lizards body and continue to wiggle for several minutes like a disgusting worm.  The boys had very mixed feelings on this one.  They wanted to laugh, but they were also concerned, and disgusted. 

The Thai's were so excited about 'western' food that they took two of America's favorites and combined them into one.  The Hotdog Pizza.  I had to try it.  Pizza part good, hotdog definitely wasn't an Oscar Mayer. Glad I tried it but will leave that one for the locals.

Lastly, one more thing that you don't get to see everyday, but I do, my three beautiful boys, Arcadian, Justice, and Brosnan.   


Hope you enjoyed!
-JP

No comments: