A family of 5, Super Mom, USMC Dad, & three boys ages 5, 7, & 9. This is glimpse into the daily life of raising 3 American boys while living in Bangkok, Thailand.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Big Changes are Coming!

Last week my husband sent me a text message that was by far the biggest news we have received since I found out I was pregnant with Justice almost 9 years ago. With it, came just as much uncertainty, worry, excitement, fear, and surprise. My husband received orders for his next Permanent Change of Station (PCS) to Bangkok, Thailand. Sometime in June we will be boarding a plane to go to our new home for the next 3 years.

The day I found out I was home from work with Little Justice as he was sick with a stomach bug. I called my mom, who I think was in just as much shock, called my older brother, then spent the majority of the day searching the Internet for any and all information I could find. It was probably pointless research as we knew nothing about anything, other than we were going to Bangkok and justice would be working at the US Embassy. There is no Military base so there is no specific information to search for. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack, looking for something, anything, but having no idea what it was. Since that day bits of pieces of information have been trickling in and with every piece we find out, some questions are answered and others are formed. My wonderful husband tracked down his future co-workers and now I have been emailing one of their wives. I believe she will be my sanity saver now and when we arrive in June, and she has a kid that is the same age as Arcadian!

So, what do I know? I know that we leave in June. I know that we will more than likely be living in a gated community known as Nichada. The boys will go to an international school called International School of Bangkok that is located within the community. Also within that community is a Starbucks :) I know that we have a lot of preparing to do. We are limited in what we can bring with us. Lots of organizing the house into sell, storage, ship, and trash piles! I know we have a lot of paperwork to complete (medical, dental, school, passports, etc). I also know that this is going to be an amazing experience for my family.

-JP

No comments: