A family of 5, Super Mom, USMC Dad, & three boys ages 5, 7, & 9. This is glimpse into the daily life of raising 3 American boys while living in Bangkok, Thailand.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Winter Break is finally OVER!

   The school district that our children are in provide them with one very long three week winter vacation.   For my children that started early with each of them spending some time with the Flu.  Tomorrow, they all go back to school.   I have enjoyed spending extra time with the kids and they have been pretty good but it is time for them to go spend some time with their teacher and friends.  This will also be the first full work week for Justice in 3 weeks and extra hours for me counseling.  The end of the holiday season is finally here.  
        My main New Years Resolution is to become more organized (I am pretty sure I have had this resolution for several years in a row) and to continue to get in shape (pretty sure this has been on the list for awhile too)!    Justice and I are trying to get on the same page with organizing the house.  I fear it may be difficult at times as he is much more into having "things" then I am.    When I picture calm, I think of a house with next to nothing in it, and/or everything in its place, in its proper room, no piles of anything, no toys that no-one plays with, just the basics.
       For those that have seen my house, you will know that it is quite the opposite.  I know that with three kids and a husband my "dream" home is probably just a dream, but I know that it can be more calm and relaxing then what it is.  With the everyday craziness that we experience (mornings, afterschool, sporting activities for 3 kids, cub scouts, dinner, kids homework, my work, grocery shopping, Justice working,  etc.)  I want me and my family to feel relaxed in our home.  I want to be able to play with my kids and not be thinking about all the other stuff that I need to get done.  I want to sit down at the end of the day and just relax without seeing a table filled with clutter, paper, and toys.   I know that with some hard work, lots of time, and a Garage sale life can be a little less complicated.

What's your New Years Resolution!?!

No comments: